How many Pink Dolphins can you spot?
Hong Kong’s pink dolphins are rare and endangered. Certainly, it’s a privilege to be able to observe them in their natural habitat.
So, we were sad to hear that Hong Kong’s only ecological dolphin watching organisation, DolphinWatch, needed to temporarily halt operations due to pandemic restrictions. Then we got to thinking, that maybe we could help and it turns out that we could and we did! Ladies and Gentlemen, we’re excited to be working in collaboration with Hong Kong DolphinWatch. Together, we are able to offer Hong Kong’s one and only Dolphin Watching Excursion, run with ecology in mind.
Trips are running every Sunday from Tsim Sha Tsui, meeting at 8:50am. More details can be found on our Hong Kong DolphinWatch tour booking page.
Pink Dolphins: Itinerary
- Return transfers from Tsim Sha Tsui to Tung Chung to board the new DolphinWatch boat
- Learn all you need to know about the unique pink dolphin from specialist guides
- Three to four hours at sea for dolphin watching
Getting to and from the DolphinWatch Trip
Either meet us at 8.50am prompt, in Tsim Sha Tsui outside Kowloon Hotel (behind the Peninsula Hotel) or at 9:30am prompt from Tung Chung New Development Pier.The boat will return to Tung Chung New Development Pier around 1pm and the coach will return to Tsim Sha Tsui.
Included in your ticket price is a specialist pink dolphin expert guide, who will give you the low down on Hong Kong’s dolphin population.
Additionally, there will be an accredited local tour guide on hand, who has a wealth of local knowledge about Hong Kong’s history, customs and culture.
Insurance for the trip (inclusive of COVID coverage) is also covered by your ticket, as is transport from Tsim Sha Shui, to Tung Chung and back again.
On the DolphinWatch tour, food and drink are not included in the price.
Sunset Set Trip
If a morning spotting pink dolphins isn’t enough excitement for you, add on a sunset cruise. The dolphin watching ends by 1pm, so stay onboard for a gentle five hour cruise from Tung Chung back to Hong Kong Island. Enjoy pizza and snacks with free flow drinks (choose between our alcohol or alcohol-free option) en route. Weather permitting, we can stop for a swim in Discovery Bay.
Sadly, all good things must come to an end and we will drop you off in Central around 6pm.
DolphinWatch Boat Excursion
Prices quoted are per person.
Child $280 (11 years and below)*
Sunset Cruise Add On
Prices quoted are per person and are payable in addition to the cost of the morning DolphinWatch excursion.
Free-flow alcohol package $850
Alcohol free package $650
Covid-19 Safety Measures
Obviously, we want ensure your safety and that of the crew and guides to make certain you have the best possible experience, we have several Covid safety measures in place.
1. The DolphinWatch boat has a maximum capacity of 50 people
2. Hand sanitizer and safety talk is given on the coach trip and/or boat trip
3. The DolphinWatch boat will be cleaned and disinfected before receiving group.
4. The tour guide will take the body temperature of all guests and have the right to refuse participation based on physical discomfort (such as fever, acute respiratory infection, or loss of taste or smell).
5. Participants must use the LeaveHomeSafe app
6. Each participant must provide full name, contact number, date of birth, and the first four letters and numbers of Hong Kong ID card
7. Vaccination record must be given upon booking, as trip can only run with two-thirds of attendees having received first dose of Hong Kong recognised COVID-19 vaccination. This information will not be kept by the agent permanently but should be available for checking by tour guide, TIC and Marine Police if requested).
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to more about the seeing Hong Kong’s pink dolphins or want to enquire about our family friendly walking tours or Hong Kong Quests, fun city mystery trail activities that can be completed without a guide.
To understand more about Hong Kong’s rare Pink Dolphins, get the lowdown in our previous post.